Experience South Africa with AdonaiGolf Tours
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA - AdonaiGolf Tours Tour Director Andre McDonald explains that his company's mission is simple: provide professional & quality service, adhering to world class standards, specifically aimed at positioning & promoting South Africa favorably within selected international tourism markets, as the No.1 tourist destination.
Sounds like a lofty goal, but McDonald and his staff say they are ready to take the next step in establishing South Africa as one of the world's most sought after golfing destinations. AdonaiGolf Tours will be taking full advantage of the Internet and its possibilities by teaming with the world's leading golf and travel publication, TravelGolf.com.
McDonald (at right) officially launched AdonaiGolf Tours in April 1997. Initially golf tours were limited to Durban, however requests for travel packages to other parts of South Africa, resulted in an expansion of tours to include Cape Town, Fancourt, Garden Route and Sun City (Johannesburg).
The demand for tours continued to burgeon, and in October 2000, AdonaiGolf Tours formed a partnership with Stephen Bezuidenhout, and the new-look company is now hosting clients from five continents (North & South America, Africa, Europe & Australia).
"We offer many unique services to our clients, that only Africa can offer, like Safaris to view abundant wildlife, boat trips to view whales & dolphins, mountain trails, trips to exquisite wine farms and tours of museums, Historical Battle sites, cultural villages and even cave tours," McDonald says. "Due to the weakness of the Rand, travel within South Africa is relatively inexpensive."
For most U.S. based travelers, a golf trip to South Africa is a bit of a foreign concept. But the region has legions of top shelf golf courses to offer, in addition to a plethora of non-golf based activities. South Africa is a many-splendored interaction of natural wonders, ultra-modern facilities, fascinating cultural imprints and reminders of a dynamic history - in the most breathtakingly beautiful and varied settings imaginable.
In addition to a living multi-culture of East, West and the proud Zulu Nation, gourmet treats and a pulsating nightlife, across-the- board accommodation and highly efficient transport links make South Africa an ideal launch-pad for unforgettable journeys of discovery and excitement. Countless species of animals, birds and plants many of them rare, await visitors in the complex Eco-systems and biosphere's woven into our sub-tropical country.
South Africa is home to the Big Five - lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino, where all these magnificent creatures can be viewed in safety and comfort within our world-class Game Parks for treasured memories of a lifetime. Finally, thank the Scots for inventing golf. They saw potential fairways and greens from Beaches to Mountains, in Bush and Battlefields, which has resulted in South Africa being blessed with almost as many exquisite courses as wildlife havens.
A sampling of the courses available for play by AdonaiGolf Tours:
• Fancourt, the premier Golf Resort in South Africa, has two excellent courses both ranked in the top ten in South Africa.
• Erinvale Golf Estate nestles at the foot of the Helderberg and Hottentots Holland Mountains in Somerset and was designed by the Gary Player Design Company and is rated No.2 in S.A.
• The Gary Player Country Club is the most well known course in Southern Africa, mainly due to its annual tournament "The Million-Dollar Golf Challenge." The world's greatest golfers have walked these fairways.
• The Wild Cost Country Club is ranked at No. 7 in S.A. and is one of the most scenic courses in the country. Spectacular scenery with Ocean views on almost every hole, make this one of the favorite visitor courses in the country.
• South Africa's top rated golf course, Durban Country Club, is a prestigious private club with a very colonial air and is rated within the top 75 courses in the world. Third hole at Durban Country Club has been acknowledged as the best third hole in the world.
• Selborne Golf Club is the South African equivalent to Augusta National in Georgia, USA. It has an excellent reputation amongst the overseas golfing fraternity, both for its challenge & for the high standard at which it is maintained.
For more information on Adonai Golf Tours, check them out on the World Wide Web at http://www.adonaigolf.com.
November 28, 2001