Fancourt (Links) Country Golf Estate
George, Eden, 6530
Phone(s): +27 (0) 44 804-0030, +27 (0) 44 804-0185
Fax: +27 (0) 44 804-0732
Since opening in 1991, Fancourt Hotel & Country Club Estate has established itself as one of South Africa's premier Golfing & Leisure Resorts of championship proportions and immaculately maintained greens. These Gary Player designed courses are demanding but fair test set in beautiful surroundings. The generous kikuyu fairways and fast bent grass greens give a taste of the type of course, which is popular on the US tour. The golf school, driving range and clubhouse facilities are of a high standard and the resident professionals are always available to fine-tune your swing. An additional golf course The Links was recently opened (for the public), which will be "Host to the President's Cup 2002".
Location: The golf course is situated in the 'Capital' of the Western Cape's Garden Route in the town of George.
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Gary Player
- Public/Private: Private/Resort
- Year opened: 2000
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: With member only or hotel guests only
- Tee times welcomed:
- Fairways: Kikuyu
- Greens: Bent Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes - R280
- Rental carts: Yes - not permitted on the Links course - requires proof of medical condition
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: R750 - R1100 for Hotel guests - play restricted to Links members and Hotel guests only. Limited tee times available for Hotel guests.
- Weekends: R750 - R1100 for Hotel guests - play restricted to Links members and Hotel guests only. Limited tee times available for Hotel guests.
- Metal spikes allowed:
- Dress code: Smart Casual
- Credit cards accepted:
Length, slope and rating for each tee
|Burgundy (W)||73||5205 yd.||0||0|